The Marguerite and Jack Clifford Gallery
- Mon - Fri 08:00 AM until 05:00 PM
The Marguerite and Jack Clifford Gallery, located on the second floor of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, is a 1,500-square-foot gallery that houses artifacts of the history of journalism, including items from the school’s namesake, Walter Cronkite.
Hundreds of items are on display, including pipes and books from Cronkite’s New York office, a microphone used by Edward R. Murrow in 1938, and collections of typewriters and broadcast editing equipment. Artifacts of local significance include a Phoenix Gazette street sales box with a copy of the last issue of the paper from 1997 and early mini-cam equipment used by the news department of KOOL-TV, the forerunner of KSAZ-TV in Phoenix.